Week 8 Blog

 This week was focused on the team project we have due at the end of this semester.

My team and I have met last a few weeks ago to discuss what topic each of us will do, I offered to do sustainability.

My team and I have not met in Second Life since, but we have been very active in the group chat on Whatsapp about our individual processes and keeping each other updated. I put a message in the chat on Wednesday the 24th of March to clarify what I have to do on my behalf of this project.

This week I began my sustainability presentation and finished over three days as I am currently drowning in other assignments this semester. However, I did complete it and I am quite happy with it.

I began by looking at a text that our lecturer John has on Brightspace called "World Scientists' Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice" an article signed by thousands of scientists from 184 countries. This article addresses the serious level of risk our planet is at with our current way of living and that we need to change right now. They talk about the idea of sustainability transition and how important it is for us to make a shift towards sustainable lifestyles.

From this article, I developed my point on what to say for my presentation and I wanted to include a piece from this article to back up my point. I chose two questions to address in my presentation which were "Why Strive For a Sustainable Workplace?" and "Why Chose VR For a Future Workplace?". In my presentation I answer these questions.

In the group chat on Whatsapp, we discussed having another meeting on Second Life to put our presentations together, we just need to try and find a day and time that suits us all. We agreed that we need to practice presenting our presentation together to make sure it goes well on the day.

Finally Aggie and Kacper are going to join on VR and record a demo for us to include on the presentation.


REFERENCES

World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: A Second Notice 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13 Blog

Week 11 Blog

Week 3 Blog