Week 13 Blog

This week's blog,  my final blog, is going to be an overall reflection of my project work with Team Yellow.

This week on Thursday the 6th of May, we presented our final project in class and it went really well!

Our team has met on Zoom the past two Mondays to fix up our presentation and get it ready for this week. Each member was very dedicated to meeting at the same time each Monday and we all had our head in the game when discussing the project. 
When meeting on Zoom we worked really well together considering the pressure that was building up as we approached the due date. We fixed the layout, size and font on our presentation and added our references onto a bibliography page so that they were altogether. We also made an introduction page and a conclusion page. 
We came across difficulty trying to come up with wording for our introduction and conclusion. I put forward some suggestions of what I thought sounded suitable but we decided on Aggie's wording.

 We had all decided on the idea to pre-record our presentation and put it on YouTube so that we know how the final piece looks and it is also easier to present on Second life. Kacper kindly volunteered to put all of the voice memos together with our presentation and put it on YouTube. We organised the timing and it worked out at 1 minute 30 seconds each for our slide. I recorded mine making sure to stay within the time and sent it off to Kacper. This took a few goes as I kept messing it up or was not happy with how it sounded but I eventually got it right.
The following day, Kacper sent the final production into our Whatsapp group chat and we were all very happy with it.

Presentation day came and my Second Life app acted up! Luckily I did make it on time in the end. 
Our team, Team Yellow, went last. When it was our turn, we posted the YouTube link in the public chat and we waited until everyone was ready to watch it. When it was over, we got some great feedback which made me feel very relieved and happy. 
We finished off the class with some Q&A about our presentations and the module in general which was interesting.

To conclude, I am not surprised my team and I did well as we deserved it! We worked very well together as a team. Each one of us showed dedication and commitment to the project and put in a lot of effort.
Doing the whole project from a virtual space and not getting to meet each other was an interesting experience to say the least. It is a pity that we didn't get to meet each other and work in a physical space, but in a way it was a blessing in disguise as organising a phone call together is a lot easier to do than organising to meet up in person. 
Virtual working is going to become very popular in the future after COVID-19 so I am thankful for the experience I gained in the Second Life module. I have developed my team working skills and even better, my virtual team working.

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Blog

Week 3 Blog