Weeks 2 Blog

 This week, I explored SecondLife a bit further. We were asked to interact with three different people in the virtual world. This experience was difficult at the start, I tried to find people in various locations on Wednesday the 17th but had very bad luck. On Thursday the 18th I tried again and finally found people!

My first interaction was at Frank's Jazz Club. Here, I entered the hall to where I was greeted by Liz Bernandez, the host. "Welcome Ms.Sarah" she said in the public chat. "Hi Liz how are you?" I replied.

We shared a small-talk conversation. Suddenly, I get a private message from Liz; "I would like to inform you that we require Formal Attire/Cocktail here in Frank's Jazz :)". Immediately I opened up the avatar portal and chose an avatar from 'Fantasy' that has a long green ball gown on. "Better?" I said to Liz, "Thank you for understanding Ms.Sarah" she replied. I said goodbye to Liz and teleported to Enchanted Spring Carnival. 

In this location I communicated with Veti2137. I private messaged a few people near me in this location and he replied very quickly. We had a very simple conversation, just asking each other how we are. I couldn't see Veti from where I was and he couldn't see me so we were trying to find each other for a few minutes. I gave up and tried to find someone else to talk to.

Next person I talked to was NellFitzinwell. I private messaged him with a simple 'hello' in hopes that he would reply. When he replied, I told him that I am new to SecondLife and asked if he has any fun tips to share with me. He sent me four Landmarks where you can buy new features and skins for your avatar. I thought this was pretty cool as my avatar needs a bit of style!

I teleported to the Landmarks he gave me just to check them out. I attached a picture of me in one of them below!

The skins for avatar cost some money so I left and teleported back to the TUD campus for tonight's class.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13 Blog

Week 11 Blog

week 1 blog